It's National Infertility Awareness Week and I've been reminded frequently by Facebook posts, my favorite IF blog, and emails from Resolve. I've been torn about whether to post anything, since I'm currently in a holding pattern, but today I decided I should advocate for so many others who are struggling.
I love the Stirrup Queens blog and this post hit me hard.
I might not currently be trying to conceive, but I still:
- Struggle with pregnancy announcements from fertile myrtles, even though I'm happy for them
- Randomly burst into tears when I remember the day I miscarried
- Stress about explaining to a potential future spouse that I have unexplained infertility
- Feel heartache for those who are struggling with infertility
- Stress about TTC once I get married again...I'm not getting any younger
- Understand that having children will not completely resolve the painful memories of IF
- Grieve for those whose struggles have been so much harder than mine
- Struggle not to feel like my body is broken
- Hope desperately that one day my IF will magically disappear according to God's plan for me
- Carry physical scars from surgery and emotional scars from months of failed cycles, trying something new every time
Want to support / read more NIAW blog posts / learn more about infertility? Check out: http://www.resolve.org/infertility101 (Basic understanding of the disease of infertility.)
http://www.resolve.org/national-infertility-awareness-week/about.html (About NIAW)