Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin!

I was in charge of a pumpkin pie and fruit salad for Thanksgiving. You know I totally couldn't limit myself to one pie though, haha. I cooked a big pumpkin Tuesday night and I have TONS of pumpkin even after making all these things.

Candy bar salad - I've been wanting to try this and it was a crowd-pleaser! I used bits of multiple candy bars, not just Snickers. We had chopped candy left over from my birthday, which I have yet to blog about.

Regular pumpkin pie, with honey instead of sugar. Recipe not available online but here's the link to the cookbook if you want a great healthy cookbook.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie - didn't get a picture, but definitely a make again. I didn't have enough cream cheese, so I used part sour cream. I also used cream instead of evaporated milk.

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- a big hit with the kids! I used pineapple bread crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs. I think I'll add this one to the repertoire too.



Pumpkin Yeast Bread - I used half whole wheat flour and cut back on the yeast. It still rose insanely well. In fact, I had to go shove it back into the pans and let it rise again, because it had escaped the pans on all sides and was threatening to consume them. It tastes fine - not a strong flavor but it was meant to be subtle. It will be sacrament bread for church today.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow, again. That chocolate pumpkin pie sounds freaky, but the kids have spoken so it must be good!! Great job!!j

Amy said...

Never would have guessed the bread had pumpkin in it - very subtle. And that chocolate pumpkin pie sounds like a must try.