Monday, October 25, 2010

Dishpan Cookies III-A

I know I owe you reviews on three new bread recipes, but doesn't a cookie recipe sound good in the meantime? I needed to make cookies for a church youth activity but still have no butter, so I searched for a recipe that used oil, without using cake mix (since I also don't have that). I chose Dishpan Cookies III, but altered them enough (gotta use what's on hand!) that I'll call this recipe III-A.

Nathan says they taste fine - not his new favorite, but good.


Mix together:
1/3 C brown sugar
2/3 C white sugar
1/3 C oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Add:
1 1/3 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Then add:
1 C frosted flakes
1/3 C old-fashioned oats
1/2 C mixed baking chips (white and PB/choc swirl)
1/4 C toffee chips

Makes 3 dozen smallish cookies. Bake at 325 degrees for 8-12 minutes, let cool on cookie sheet for several minutes.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Those cookies look SO delicious. We just tried a new recipe for caramel apple cookies - I'll post the link soon and they taste great, but they don't look as yummy as yours.

By the way, thanks for the breadsticks. They were really good and went great with our dinner (everyone ate them, even before dinner was ready) . But we're curious what they are called and what went in them because of their unique color :)

Amy said...

Just another thought - I think it's funny that you don't have butter but have all those other great ingredients, like toffee chips and mixed baking chips. YUM - the PB/choc swirl sound the best!

Jaime said...

Those sound sooooooo goooooood!!!!