Sunday, April 18, 2010

Garden Batter Bread

For dinner, we had ham, funeral potatoes, green beans, and Garden Batter Bread (which had carrots, parsley, and wheat germ in it).


I just love butter-soaked corn flakes, ready to top a dish of funeral potatoes.

This bread recipe was another no-knead one to be baked in a casserole dish. As you can see, it stuck horribly.

It looks good from this side though. ;)
Nathan and I both thought it was a good match for the rest of the food, but not that amazing. It called for fresh parsley and raw carrot, neither of which I had. I used partly-reconstituted dried carrots and dried parsley. That might have made a large difference in the flavor, but we'll never know, since I'm not making it again.

Edited to add: It tastes MUCH better the next day! The texture is better and the flavor too!

If you'd like to taste it, stop by! I'm too lazy tonight to deliver samples.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures too. It's nice to see not everything you cook comes out perfectly :)

Michelle said...

If I were closer I would be over all the time to sample your food. I know you're a great cook Cherish!

Jaime said...

Vegetables in your bread?!?! What a cool trick!