Monday, April 28, 2008

Umm, well, a little of this and a lot of that?

I made this yummy dinner last night and I thought it would be fun to share the recipe.... except that I have no clue on measurements. I frequently have this problem. Nathan says, this is good, make it again! I say, I'm not quite sure how. I guess it's kinda like old-time recipes - add a pinch of this and pour in some of this until consistency looks right - but nowadays people aren't much good at doing that. Here's how it went though, just for fun!

Noodles - however much was left in the #10 can.

Sauce mixed in the blender:
Butter- however much was left of the cube
Hot water - maybe a cup
Milk - enough to make it look right
Sour cream - however much was left in the container
Powdered cheese mix (food storage) - 3 or 4 big spoonfuls
Mustard - I put milk in an almost-empty container and shook it up to get out the last dregs

Ham - a small ziploc bag, diced fairly small (in the freezer from last time ham went on sale)

It's good as leftovers, too!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

You're so much braver than I am!

Michelle said...

That is so funny! I love that recipe. I will have to try this myself-WOW, the thought of me cooking without measurements, that will be a welcomed challenge