Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend happenings

On Saturday, a light bulb somehow made it into my front-loading washing machine with a load of towels. I spent about 20 minutes picking shards of glass out of the door seal folds and carefully shaking out the towels. Today I'll get to vacuum out the tiniest bits of glass and re-wash the towels. Crazy, huh? Hopefully everything's okay. The only damage I saw was that one of the drain holes got stretched a little by a chunk of glass stuck in it.

Last night, Nathan and I went outside at midnight, turned off the driveway light, and watched the meteor shower!! I haven't done this since I was 14-15 years old. I always think it's just too crazy to be outside in the middle of the night when I have work the next day. But this time I couldn't resist. We don't have street lights so it was decently dark. We saw about 5 meteors each over 30 minutes, and finally went back inside.

No comments: