Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Answers about me

Lena at Frugal and Thankful tagged me in a little get-to-know-you blog post.  If you like saving money on groceries, it's fun to read her blog and see how well she's done each week.



So here are the rules:


#1 - Post these rules.
#2 - Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you. 
#3 - Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
#4 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
#5 - Let them know that you tagged them.


1.When did you start blogging and why?
Five years ago.  Don't remember why - I think my sister was doing it and it seemed fun?


2.What was the last thing that you bought that you wish you didn't?
Gosh, I'm not sure.  Maybe the salad I bought for lunch on Monday. I think they packaged it on Friday.  The cheese was dried out.


3.What is your most precious childhood memory?
I'm not sure I can pinpoint the MOST precious one, but I remember loving to snuggle with my parents.  My mom would rock me in her lap long after I stopped fitting, and my sister and I would snuggle with my parents on Sunday mornings and play with their hair (the royal treatment!).


4. What is your favorite color and why?
Cerulean.  How can you not love such a pretty shade of blue?


5. What was your best date with your significant other?
Either the one where we became best friends, or the time we were stuck in horrid L.A. traffic and he grabbed a flashlight to be a microphone so we could sing along with the radio and lighten the mood.


6.What do you consider your biggest achievement in life?
I think any day that I intentionally improve myself in a tiny way is my biggest achievement.  Perfection is a journey, not a destination, and I love those little moments when I recognize I am becoming a better person.


7.Are you a loner or would you rather be in a crowd?
In general, a loner, but sometimes I enjoy sitting in a crowded room and soaking it all in.


8.What was the best meal you've ever had?
I really miss the Thanksgiving dinners we had growing up.  My grandpa made delicious gravy and I loved to put it over everything on my plate, including the jello salad.  It's not Thanksgiving dinner without my mom's jello salad.  I've never tried making pecan pie her way but I really miss that too.  Thanksgiving hasn't meant much to me since my grandpa died and my parents stopped doing holiday gatherings.  We usually end up at some random house and there is food, but the feeling is gone.


9.If you were granted 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask for?
Free Jetblue plane tickets whenever I wanted to visit my family; my mortgage to be completely paid off; to be a SAHM.


10.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
New England.  I never made it there on my road trip and I want to visit Boston, etc., to soak in the history.


11. Who is your best friend?
I decline to answer.




I tag:
Jaime from Polka Dots on Parade (go check out her linky party!)
Shauna and her man
Danna
Jackie
Golda
Todd and Jena
Eve




And private blog people:
Amy S. 
Amelia
Shell
Tammy




Here are their 11 questions:
1. Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?
2. What do you do when you or your spouse get a pay raise / promotion?
3. If you're going to get cozy with a container of ice cream, what flavor would it be?
4. Do you get along better with your spouse on vacation or in normal life?
5. Have you ever eaten any unusual meat (like gator or snails)?
6. When you go to a sit-down restaurant for breakfast, what do you normally order?
7. Do you sing along with the car radio?
8. What's the most recent klutzy thing you did?
9. Do you open and sniff deodorant and shampoo containers when picking a new kind?
10. What's the fanciest thing you've ever cooked or baked?
11. What did you do for fun today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you missed Thanksgiving that much. Perhaps you should come on Thanksgiving and I will make you as much gravy as you want and whoop your butt at all the Grandpa games!!

Lena said...

Thanks for the opportunity to get to know you a little better. I've never even heard of the color Cerulean :) Now I've learned something new!