Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer kick-off picnic

We had a fun party in the park for the young women from church. I gladly volunteered to make the food, because the day prior was Memorial Day. That's how I love to spend my holidays - in the kitchen for most of the day!

Dessert was the hardest part to decide but here's the final menu:

Potato salad
Baked beans
Tortilla roll-ups with a variety of fillings
Fruit kabobs
Sour cream cheesecake
Chocolate peanut butter pie

Failed to take pictures until the grub was mostly gone - it was well received!


The topping on the cheesecake is apricot. I needed to whip up a topping from the pantry at the last minute. I opened a jar of apricot jam (made with honey and pumpkin pie type spices). I heated a little with sugar and gelatin, then added almond extract. It went well with the cheesecake.

Linked up to:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm....I want that cheesecake and pb pie!! Thanks for linking up!!

Chef in Training said...

YUM! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/