Saturday, October 16, 2010

What we're up to on this fall day

Hmm...kitties trapped in laundry baskets was not what I expected to see when I uploaded pictures. Nathan's been having fun again.


I was given another batch of tomatoes and decided to make BBQ sauce for the freezer. It took forever to cook down but it tastes fairly normal as a spicy-sweet sauce. I'm calling it a success. Nathan just thinks I'm weird for making something I can buy.


Several weeks ago, I was at a friend's house and she was showing me all of her unidentified mint plants. I was very excited to discover she had chocolate mint. I used to have a plant but it died. I think the idea of a plant that smells like chocolate is awesome. She cut a few stems and said they would sprout if I put them in water. Well, I put them in a cup in the window and watered them every 2-3 days but nothing happened for a good 2 weeks and I was about to toss them. All of a sudden, they had long roots! By the time I got them planted today, the cup was packed with roots.

These little guys look so small but all of my giant herb bushes started this way, so I'm not too worried. Hopefully they grow enough before it snows, so they can survive the winter.

We decorated for fall this year instead of Halloween.
Isn't it a beautiful day reflected in the door?
Laundry, mopping, and all of the aforementioned fun on a beautiful fall day. I love it!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love Fall deco. It's so orange!! Did you know that orange is the color fertility? :)