Thursday, October 7, 2010

Maple cinnamon bread / Pineapple bread

I had to provide treats again for the off-site training for the second half of our team. In addition to making a batch of the much-loved buttermilk cinnamon bread, I wanted to make pineapple bread. I searched out a few recipes and combined them to make what I wanted, and made it healthy. Yum, yum, yum. I tasted the batter and it was so good. Mine fell in the center but I didn't do the full 5 cups of flour, so it should work out fine if you do.



Pineapple bread

3 large or 4 medium eggs
1 C oil
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
1 3/4 C honey
2-3 tsp vanilla
5 C soft whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp (rounded) nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp salt

Mix together the liquid ingredients, then add the rest. Grease and flour 3 medium loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees until done, 45-60 minutes.


Also, I needed to make my weekly bread. I've been browsing fall recipes and found several yummy things involving maple syrup, and it just sounded so good. Cinnamon seemed like it would go well with maple syrup, so here's what I concocted. I sneaked a bite and next time I would add more cinnamon, but it's awfully good!

Maple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Bread

3 C hot water
1/3 C oil
1/2 - 2/3 C real maple syrup
1 T (rounded) yeast
3 T (rounded) gluten
1 T salt
1 T cinnamon
Approx 7 C whole wheat flour (however much you need to make the dough feel right)

Put the liquid ingredients in your Bosch, add 3 C flour and the dry ingredients, start mixing, add flour until dough pulls away from sides. Knead for 10 minutes. Put dough in 2 greased loaf pans (1 large, 1 medium). Let rise in preheated (200 deg.) and turned off oven for 20-40 minutes until doubled. Leave in oven, turn on to 350 degrees. Bake until it sounds hollow or the internal temperature is 200 degrees (new trick I learned), 30-40 minutes.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

It looks good, but I get so tired just thinking of making bread. Go you!!!

Amy said...

I think I'm going to have to try the maple cinnamon whole wheat bread. I am salivating just anticipating how good my house would smell. Yum!