Friday, September 17, 2010

This too shall pass

My mom has a saying on her fridge, "This too shall pass." We referenced it a lot. Recently a friend posted on Facebook that she hates when people say it to her, so I decided that maybe it's only okay when we say it to ourselves, which I do. Just for fun, here's the history behind the saying.

Personally, it helps me feel better on mornings like today. I got up yesterday at 4am to cut up apples, and worked all day, running errands on lunch. Came home and immediately left to make a major purchase (more info later, we're pulling a joke with it today so it's still a secret), thankfully got free Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Canned applesauce from the apples that cooked down all day, did a few dishes, and decided I was too tired to make the required Thursday night bread.

So here I am, again up at 4am to make bagels (here's the recipe I've used before), putting away the jars of applesauce, straightening up the laundry room since someone's coming today to inspect the furnace, and getting ready for another day of work with errands on lunch and hand-hemming that MUST be done tonight. Meanwhile my dining room and kitchen continue to be cluttered with things needing to be canned, jars, used rings waiting to be washed, and the canner. SO blessed this year with things to can! Love it, but can't wait to be done!

This too shall pass. :-)

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow wow wow!!! I wish I was there to surprise you with a straightened up kitchen!! You're awesome!!!

Danna said...

I think I agree with you, there are few instances that if someone says something of that nature these days to me that I don't want to ether really sass them back or punch them. But it is also who says it and in what spirit they say it too!
Love ya and miss you!

Amy said...

Can't wait to hear what the major purchase was . . . and hear about the joke - sounds exciting!