Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Story Girl

I finished reading The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery today. It took me a long time to complete, compared to how fast I normally race through books. I've read most of her books before (some of them many times), but had never heard of this one until I found a used copy somewhere recently.

I'm kind of obsessed lately with reading books that portray a simpler time period. What captivated me the most was the vocabulary in this book. Books have really been "dumbed down" in more recent years.

Anyway, it's a long book with small print, but after you get into it, it's definitely worth reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too long for a simpler lifestyle.

Unknown said...

WOW... thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to look for it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GinaJ said...

I have loved L.M. Montgomery's books. I wonder if my local library would have that one, because I haven't read it.