Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's been fun around here!

My mom came to BYU Women's Conference this past week and then came to stay with me for a couple days. She had not been to my house before, so it was a special treat. My friend Carolin is also in town, visiting from Germany, so they got to meet each other. We went together to Temple Square to look at (and smell) the beautiful flowers. While my mom was watching a free movie, Carolin and Annabelle and I went to the Church Museum of History and Art. There is a kids' exhibit and we had tons of fun. Here are pictures in no particular order. Some of the fun pictures are on other people's cameras so I'll do another post if I can get those ones.

My mom washing her hair in my kitchen sink - a common sight while growing up

I tried to take a picture of the two of us but I'm not so good at taking pictures of myself.... this is the best one!

Nathan trimmed his sideburns and buzzed his head.

Click this one big. Nathan was playing with Echo in the dark with a spinning ball thing that glows blue. We were experimenting with pictures trying to make the ball light up Echo's face without using the flash. This one's pretty cool. I took another one where you can only see blue whiskers in a sea of black, but I didn't think that one would be as identifiable.

Carolin and Annabelle at Temple Square.

A second later she was pulling out handfuls of dirt from the flower bed. She was an absolute cutie though!

Some of the beautiful flowers.

At the museum - Annabelle playing with another kid.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun time! I love temple square this time of year.

Amy said...

What a special treat for you! I love having family and friends come to visit and a reason to do fun things. And you got both! It was great to see your mom at church too and to hear you both bear testimony.