Sunday, January 4, 2015

New calling

I had a change in my church calling (assignment) effective today.  I've been serving with the ward young women for almost five years, and now I'm going to be serving as the secretary for the stake young women presidency instead.  I found out last Sunday and it's been an odd week, trying to ease out of my responsibilities but not knowing my new ones.  Today was an emotional day for me.  I shared my testimony with the girls and then went to the stake offices to get set apart.  Then we had two meetings in a row.  I've immediately been put to work, for which I'm grateful.

I've never before spent this long in the same calling.  This is not the hardest time I've had getting released, probably because I'll still be around the girls to some degree, but it is an adjustment.  I'm hopeful that I'll have more Tuesday nights available for dancing (yay!) but it will certainly be work in different ways.

I'm grateful for this new opportunity to serve and grow.  I'm grateful for the gospel and the organization of the Church.  I am incredibly blessed and I hope I remember to recognize my gratitude for all that I have.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats - you will be great! As you are at everything you do. So nice that you are still in YW. I almost cried when they released me as a wolf den leader, but it helped that I was able to still be involved when they put me in as cub committee chair.

Unknown said...

You will be awesome! Such great experience you will bring to the table.