Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thankful post

It's November and I love posting one thing each day for which I am thankful, but I have friends on Facebook who hate it.  I'm going to update this blog post every few days instead.



I'm thankful for...
1: The beauty of God's earth. There are so many amazing places to explore within a reasonable traveling distance.
2: Getting home safely even though we drove through rain and snow storms and lost traction a few times.  Time to replace my tires!
3: People who let me into their lives.
4: How fluffy my carpet feels after vacuuming with the vacuum I just bought.
5: Knowing exactly where to turn for peace when dating brings disappointments.
6: Scoring 86 on my last exam!  Way higher than the first two!
7: The peace and inspiration I find in the temple.
8: Beautiful fall weather.
9: Laughter.  I laughed my way to tears several times today.
10: Rain on my birthday.  I love it.
11: My sweet sister doing yard work for me.  It's ready for winter!
12: My parents' 32nd anniversary.  I'm grateful they stuck it out on this go-round.
13: Sweet friends who make me sweet birthday treats.
14: New tires and the $ to purchase them, so I can drive safely this winter.
15: The empowering feeling that comes from repairing things in my home.
16: Heat.  Baby, it's cold outside.  (There's ice inside my windows.)
17: The flexible schedule of my new job position.  I love the reduced stress.
18: The talents and accomplishments of the lovely young (and not-so-young) women at church and their willingness to share.
19: The semester being almost over!  Only one more new concept to learn and then it's all review and assignments!
20: The repair to my water heater being simple and inexpensive (and my banging pipes being fixed as a side benefit).
21: The opportunity to appreciate good music with a fellow music-lover.
22: Men who act as gentlemen on dates.
23: Sisters who remain dear to my heart across the miles and through divorce.
24: Living in a city where I feel safe.  (Praying for those in rioting areas.)
25: The beautiful view of lights across the valley from my dining room.
26: The healing power of the Atonement.
27: Peace.
28: The Christmas season.
29: Leaves to rake - just the right amount to keep it enjoyable!
30: The opportunity to learn by preparing a talk for church.

  





1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful life.