Monday, March 17, 2014

Not-so-lucky St. Patrick's Day

One of my sister Jaime's trademark phrases is, Every day is a new adventure.  It's true.  It's not always a fun adventure, but it is some kind of adventure.  Today is a hard adventure.  The cancer has spread and she is stage 4.  Details here on her blog: http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-diagnosis.html 

Today I am thankful for worthy priesthood holders who gave me a comfort blessing, and good friends who offer tight hugs and prayers, and let me come hang out after work so I wouldn't be alone and wouldn't have to think about food.

I am also thankful for a supervisor who understood why my 10-minute break (in which I learned the news) turned into a 25-minute break, medical technology, health insurance, my own support system, my sister's support system, and that Jaime has taught her children to get their own breakfast and do some simple chores.

3 comments:

rebecca h jamison said...

I am so sorry, Cherish. That's so hard. I've had the same thing happen with my brother, except his was a stage 3. That was 15 years ago, and he is still alive. I will pray for your sister.

Amy said...

I saw that you commented on her news on facebook and my heart just broke for you. It looks like she has a lot of people that love her and care about her and will be praying for her. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Oh my sister. I am so thankful too.