Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Almond bark popcorn

I saw a luscious idea for popcorn on this blog, and decided to make my own version a few days ago. We have an air-popper and I love making all kinds of fun popcorn flavors. Nathan's mom gave us some leftover almond bark from her Christmas goodies, so I melted together one square of almond bark, butter, and salt. It was absolutely delectable poured over popcorn. I learned that while almond bark and butter look EXACTLY the same sitting next to each other in a glass dish, they do not melt at the same speed. The bark takes longer, so don't try to melt them together.

How can you ask for more.....a sweet AND salty treat, a chick flick, and jammies. It was a great way to end my Saturday night.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Mmmm...that sounds awesome!

Amelia said...

Yum, we've done that with microwave popcorn and the almond bark but I haven't ever tried it with the air popper. We like adding M&Ms too. :) Peanut butter ones are the best.

Amy said...

Oh, sounds delicious. I love that you like almond flavors too and share all these great ideas.

Miriam said...

Mmm...now I'm hungry!