Monday, December 15, 2008

Glitter, books, and yummy food!

This post is basically all my pictures from the last few days, December is so fun!

I hosted an activity for the 8-11 year old girls from church. We made clay ornaments, popcorn chains, and paper snowflakes. The girls had so much fun with the clay that most of them didn't even get to the other two activities. My kitchen and dining room were covered in glitter and bits of salt dough. We had pretty heavy snow that morning and by the time the parents came to pick them up, they had trouble driving on our street.












Look at all the fabulous books I bought at the thrift store!

I made two kinds of dip for the work potluck.


Tonight we started on the coworker gifts. On my team at work, it's pretty standard (in other words, expected) to give simple gifts to everyone. With around 20 people, it can get a bit pricey if you aren't careful. This year I'm doing chocolate-drizzled popcorn for both of us to share with coworkers.

Spread it all out...
Drizzle on some milk chocolate...
Greedily sample a piece...
And throw it in cute bags from the dollar store.

Voila! Yummy, cheap gift.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

You're so awesome! I'm totally sending you a glitter bomb for your house. It will never end! Wha Ha ha ha!!!

50s Housewife said...

Looks like fun! The picture of your glittery feet really made me laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

Yup! Awesome!!

Miriam said...

The dip in the big bowl looks good; can you tell us what's in it?

Adventure Mommy Susan said...

Wow, you are so brave to do that activity with the activity girls. Huge clean up but evan bigger memories! It looks like they had a ton of fun! Thank you for leaving comments on my blog, you are so awesome!

Cherish said...

Miriam, it's a Pampered Chef recipe - black bean salsa dip. http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/pampered-chef-recipes/black-bean-salsa-dip.htm

Miriam said...

I'll check it out; thank you!!