Friday, July 4, 2008

Our 5-year wedding anniversary

June 28th was our 5th wedding anniversary. We had a really nice weekend. Friday night we saw Wall-E. (The credits were really cool, BTW.)

Saturday night we went to a play. It was a parody/improv and it was a lot of fun. We've been wanting to visit this theater since we moved here. At the end, they sang to everyone who was celebrating a birthday or anniversary. We had to stand up (along with several other couples) while everyone sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and kiss at the end. I wore the earrings I wore for our wedding and have never worn since. They are dangly heart prisms.

We also watched our wedding video for the first time. A family friend made a casual video and we procrastinated watching it for so long that finally I said, let's watch it for our 5th anniversary. Well, at the time that seemed so far off. :P It was really neat and I'm glad we waited as long as we did, for a few reasons.

One, Steve (the videographer) couldn't seem to get my name straight. The label itself said "Nate and Chris" and he called me by my mom's name at least 3 times in the video. There's actually a scene where someone tried to tell him my name and repeated it several times, but he still couldn't say it right. I think I would have been offended if we had watched it right away. Now it's just kinda funny.

Two, it was really neat to look back at how young we looked and also see the people we do not see anymore, either because we've moved or they have died. I cried through almost the whole video, especially when my grandpa gave Nathan wedding advice. "Just say, 'Yes ma'am.'"

It was really great overall to remember the day by more than just the pictures. So much more is captured in video and honestly my memory of our whole wedding day is a blur. Also, somehow we never got pictures of our decorated car and us leaving the reception. I know someone took pictures of that part. Attention all readers: If you have pictures of our decked-out car, please let me know.




All of our little family - it wasn't easy holding a cat and holding the camera at arm's length.

2 comments:

Danna said...

Yea! Happy Aniversary!! And YEA, I get to see you tomorrow Cherish!! :)

Michelle said...

I can't believe it has been five years. Dang, I feel so old. Someday my prince will come! I am so excited for you both. I didn't forget, a lot has been going on. You know that I can never forget that day. It was beautiful.


Michelle