Monday, July 7, 2008

Mini road trip

My friend Danna is here in Utah visiting family, 2.5 hours SE of us. On Saturday, I dropped Nathan at work and drove down to visit her while he was working. I haven't really explored much of Utah since moving here, so it was nice to get off I-15. I drove through various hick towns on my way to Richfield.

It was amazing to see how much her kids have grown, and they warmed up to me quickly. I met her parents and her sister and niece. I've seen plenty of photos of them in blog-land, so they seemed familiar. Probably the best part was just catching up and enjoying our common interests. I snapped a couple pictures out the window while driving home.



P.S. I filled up my tank right when I got home, to see what my highway mileage was. 45.32 miles per gallon. I'm serious! My little Honda Civic is 17 years old and I love it!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the pics. They are awesome and the scenery is great.