Monday, February 18, 2008

Play day!

It's rare that Nathan and I have a day off to go do things. Our only day off together is Sunday. Anyway, today we were both off and I finally pounced on Nathan (literally) at 9AM and told him it was time to wake up because it was our play day!

We went to a thrift store and found random things, including the complete collection of illustrated scripture stories (Old and New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants) for a total of $4.00! They are in almost-new condition and I was totally stoked. :P

We had Arby's (with coupons!) and brought home balled-up wrappers for the cats. Nathan got his hair cut (coupon!) while I hit up the holiday clearance at Kohl's and bought some very nice baby outfits for future baby shower gifts. We found a couple Cranium games (this and this) on clearance at Barnes & Noble (tell me now if you want one of these as your Christmas gift). Oh, and Nathan had a nice nap in a comfy chair while at that store (surprise, surprise).

We watched the second National Treasure movie for $1.25 thanks to a gift card Nathan won at work that still had a balance. I had finally watched the first one a few weeks ago so I'd be ready to watch the sequel.

It's back to work tomorrow and I'm tired and mildly cranky after a long day, but it was really nice to just hang out together. Here are a few pics.



2 comments:

Jaime said...

Shave that boy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!! Good for you!!!