Friday, January 25, 2008

Not too proud to laugh at myself!

Last night Nathan and I babysat our friend's baby for about 6 hours. She is... oh dear I can't remember, probably 4-5 months. Anyway, I don't babysit very often and it's been even LONGER since I've changed a diaper. Nathan put me in charge of diaper duty and fortunately we didn't have any stinky diapers. (I did check several times when the air started to stink; I wasn't going to be a punk and pretend not to notice it until her mommy got home.)

So, when it was time to change her wet diaper, it was certainly a refresher course. I couldn't remember whether or not I had to use a wipe for just #1, but I figured it was better to be safe than sorry! Then I tried to put the diaper on backwards and realized my mistake very quickly.

I know you moms are laughing at me, but seriously, it's been probably 5+ years since I've changed a diaper. I'm sure one of these centuries I'll have plenty of experience on my own kidlets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not laughing. I had the same trouble the last time I changed a diaper.
Just give me back the old days. I do know how to pin on a cloth diaper.

Danna said...

Don't worry after a couple nights of no sleep it happens even to a seasoned mom! :)

Jaime said...

Actually people swear by the backward method when their kids start taking off their own diapers, so you're all good.

Lisa said...

I absolutely love this post! That's so great...i'm so excited to have LOTS AND LOTS of practice very soon. And here is the funny thing about the post you commented on on my blog... The next day, I was reading things I can expect during my 16th week and it said, "You can expect to fall and trip more easily due to your center of gravity being different" I couldn't stop laughing!

Spinster Family said...

That is funny. Mike does it all the time and then he leaves it that way because of ''germs''. I am then all confused how to take it off. Weird. He will not switch it around, even if he notices it!